Friday 17 April 2015

Evaluation question 6

What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?




I have used many different technologies that I had never used before when creating my media product. Examples of new technologies I used are; Microsoft Excel, cameras, video cameras, and Photoshop.


The vital piece of software which I used the most when creating this magazine was Photoshop CS6. This professional piece of software allowed me to design, create and manipulate a wide range of images which were to be included in my magazine. I also did some research and found out that the majority of magazine brands use Photoshop in order to construct and bring to life their ideas. I found this interesting as I had exactly the same software available 24/7 with more tools than I would have needed. From this, I inferred that photo editing software is a must in the magazine industry and without it, constructing a magazine is near impossible. Additionally, this type of software allows the user to put different twists into their magazines which other companies may not have ever thought about doing. There were many tools that came in useful to create my magazine front cover, contents page and Double Page Spread, and one of the main features that I used was the Polygonal lasso tool. This tool allowed me to select the precise areas of an image by drawing or tracing the selection outline. This came in very useful when creating my front cover, because I was able to put my main artist’s image in front of the main heading of my magazine so it made my magazine look professional and conventional. Another very useful tool on Photoshop was the layering tool. The layering tool helps you to have different levels at which you can place an object or image file. This tool was very useful because it gave me the opportunity to be able to put images on top of text and also put text on top of images, this also added more professionalism to my product and made it very conventional. For my magazine front cover I didn’t want the background to be plain, but I still wanted a plain studio background like my target audience wanted, so I decided to use the fillers tool. The texture tool allowed me to give my magazine a  graffiti type background, keeping with the cultural theme of R&B, and I was able to change the colour of the background aswell, to make it appear more dark to keep in with the conventions of R&B. All of these features, etc. have made me learn that it takes a lot of creativity with these technologies to construct up a final peice, and you have to get used to them in able to do so as there are many tasks to uphold.




Another tool that I used was Microsoft Excel. This software came in very handy when I needed to conduct a pie chart for my questionnaire, so that the results were made clear to show the size of the items in one data series. This helped so that I could specify this information for if and when I need it and give each question a total to tally them up and see which ones are most relevant to the magazine. The results were also lined up in order so that it was easier for me to understand and compare the results with each other to see the increase and decrease etc. between each question for the benefit of the magazine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment